Monday 23 April 2012

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

Before creating the product, I had a general idea who the audience of my magazine would be. The research I conducted before creating my magazine was beneficial as it  gave me an indication as to how to create my magazine, what the house style would be and the sorts of things I would need in my magazine.
The typical audience for my magazine would be someone interested in the rock genre of music instead of mainstream chart music; they would also be interested in attending rock festivals and therefore would want to know about certain gigs that appeal to them.
When producing my magazine I aimed my product at both male and females, who would aspire or be attracted to my model, therefore I used what I knew about reception theory so that my taget audience would receive the product how I wanted. Specifically the age range of my product is around ages 16-25. Therefore, I made the colour scheme of black, blue and white which can be well received by this maturing age group.
The use of imagery also represents the target audiences fashion style in both clothing and makeup, the dark clothing, black nail polish, rings, dark eye make-up & eyebrows all can be related to by the audience who may wear similar clothing, therefore when looking at the magazine they will be attracted to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment